Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gadwall8

Spinner setup

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Since there are a bunch of guys contributing to this forum now icon14.gif including Tom Kirkman smile.gif , how about guide recommendation for this rod:

Lamiglas GLB 108 1M extended to 10 1/2'

I'd like a recommendation on the #, height, and size of guides. I'll prolly use my Nautil 7500 on it 90% of the time, I may hang my 706Z on it from time to time. Braid will be used 100% of the time(both reels). The rod will see rough service in rocky places so I'm gonna skip the SIC version of any guide except the tip.

Thanks,

Jim

Gadwall,

I used on the fuji hi-frames on my 10' (St. Croix)and am currently rebuilding my 11' (GSB 132 1M)with them. Don't worry about using the 706 with them.

My set up is 40HH, 30H, 25H, 25M, 20 (regular BSVLG) and a 20 tip. If you want to use a 16 tip, I'm sure use can drop the 25H and add a 16 (regular BSVLG) before the tip. Not sure of the distance from the reel to first guide off the top of my head. Then agian, I'm not using a Nautil as my main reel on these rods. I'm using an LI special wink.gif . If you want, I'll measure the reel to first guide distance for ya'.

I.d go with a 50 about 36 to 40 inches out. then a 40 , 30 25 , 20 16 and an SiC 16 tip. Another good combination to look at would be 50 , 40 , 30 , 20 , 16 and a 16 tip depending on the butt length you will use the 6 guide or 5 guide layout.

Hi Jim,

I just had a similar conversation on another board. Our zirconia/titanium Nitride rings which come in various frame (black, frosted and TiCH), and ring colors (silver, gold, blue and the new Holographics) are extremely impact resistant and will give you as slick and hard a surface as SiC at a much better price. Zirconia's flexibility allows the manufacturers to reduce the diameter of the ring and still be able to punch it into the stainless frame without damage where you can't do so with similar ceramics. We just retooled our guides to have the heaviest gauge stainless frames in the industry for their category and we also beefed up the rings for greater durability. Zirconia coupled with the TiN deposition is a match made in heaven. In my opinion it's the best guide ring on the planet. We are the only company to sell them up to a size 50 mm so give them a look see. You can get some colors into your design scheme that will enhance the beauty and performance of your rod.

Warmest regards, Joe Meehan, American Tackle Co.