Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rick Gilman

CGBT84 1M Guide setup

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hi Guys Does anyone have a guide setup for a Lami CGBT84 1M this is the new 30lb blank not the MH 40lb. I tried six guides and they were not enough and nine guides works but confused.gif looks like to many. Thanks for your help. Rick

Hi Rick,

I am building on that blank right now. Hopefully tomorrow I will get to static deflect it for guide set up.

Mine will have 8 or 9 guides plus tip top. I think I will use the Fuji BNLG 20# class guides, heavy ring and standard frame.

I add the extra guide if I think I might need extra lead sometimes. I allows me to space the guides closer at the top to protect the tip of the blank.

Do not worry how it looks if you did it right. Protect the tip and don't let the line touch the blank under a heavy load.

Oh, mine will be "spiral wrapped".

Billy 40-------When you see the rod on the CQ you will know it as it is being called "BLUE SKIES".

Tomorrow I will find out if it can handle 15 ozs of lead. I hope it will and I think it will.

Dan I just finished wpapping the rod but have not used it. I wound up using eight guides but i donot have the spacing with me. It looks like its going to be a sweet setup and I can't wait to try it.

Thanks, let us know how it works out!

I've got a old Penn Surfmaster 100 I used as a kid refurbished to like new condition that needs a home. Looks like a great blank for it (and I can always upgrade the reel later if need be) as a general purpose boat/tog rod.

Hi guys,

I unveiled the CGBT 841 M yesterday on the Celtic Quest for black fish. It was very sensitive and swung 5-6 # blacks over the rail very easy.

I had tested the tip with 15 ozs of lead hung off it. It held that much lead just fine.

I spiral wrapped the rod. I enjoy fishing those rods.

Build one or two and have a blast.