Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
novamega

Omoto part in a garcia question

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Hi. no-one's tried it, because it's impossible. Suggest you take a look at the current Communist Chinese 7000i, side by each to the Taiwan knock-off, or an actual Swedish original 7000, and you will immediatly know visually, why your query is a non-starter.

Hi again. There is no one way bearing in the SE reel. It's a plain rotary ball bearing.

Unsure about the omoto, if they are using a one-way clutch bearing configured like a ball bearing. Omoto is not sold here, and I have never seen one.

Based on the drawing, I suspect O is using a plain bb as well.

Or do they indeed use a one way clutch brg. You would need to measure it, and see if it fits the older SE reels.

Regrets about the confusion RE the i reels.

Here's the note I just sent to the FL distributor:

Good day. Re the Omoto copy of the Swedish 7000. Dialogue is now ongoing on fishing forums, about the bearing used in the crank boss.

Some sports are indicating that this bearing is instant anti reverse, while others are saying that the bearing in the crank boss is a plain rotary ball brg, the same type as used in the Swedish model.

Myself, I belong to the plain bearing camp. Pray, tell: is the crank boss bearing instant anti-reverse, or plain. Thanks, Ken.

Thanks man .. Hopefully you hear something. I asked a couple catfish guys on a forum and one guy said he'll post a pic of the bearing set up on his omoto later. I've never seen a one way bearing configured like a rotary bearing before ,it's got me curious how they have iar.... Sitting here trying to imagine my 7000 garcia with iar is blowing my mind lol..

Hio.... Tim edits posts with outside links, so its text only... VXB and I believe Boca also markets these one way bearings configured like radial ones, as opposed to needle style...... but I cannot recall what sizes they come in.

A Ray Lorenzo of Omoto USA advises that American O-7000's are anti-reverse. So you will need to locate one, and verify it will not morph into an SE reel, because the SE boss is not set up for any amount of torque. It's merely a housing. An IAR bearing, needle or radial, would need to be solidly affixed to the inner wall of the boss, outside race, to provide iar when needed. No firm affixation, no anti-reverse. The bearing would simply spin round and round in the boss.

Have you checked how the SE boss is attached to the sideplate? You might want to have another look. The first application of iar (if it would fit) will rip the boss right off the plate, at worst, or make it spin loose, at least. An option might be to loctate an Omoto sideplate, and see if it bolts up to the SE reel.

The Omoto is a copy of the Abu 7000C, with a few changes probably made to keep the lawyers at bay. Omoto repositioned the frame posts so the side plates will not interchange. You can use an Abu worm gear, the entire gear set levers and springs to repair the Omoto but not the axle gear. I don't know about the IAR bearing. The Abu parts make a nice upgrade to the Omoto parts. I don't think I would put Omoto Parts in an Abu, The Omoto's have all the same problems as the Abu 7000 gold Taiwan (Omoto made) reels. Soft metals and a lack of polish.

<br />