Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jak

CGBT841M guide spacing

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I am setting up the CGBT841M for tog and chunking stripers. I'll be spiral wrapping this blank. Can anyone give me a starting point on the guide spacing and rotation?

Search Archives.

BNLGH20 through 10.

Starting point - wrap as normal, and just rotate teh first 2, 3, 4 guides. Check archives, more than enough info in there.

jak;;i did one for blackfish

i use mb114-3f cut to 7'4" tip cut back to

size 12 [i hung a 12 oz. to where i had to cut.

i use 10 guides ,20,16,12,12,10,10,10,10,10,10,

first one set 23" from center of reel seat.

about 15 deg offset,the next 3 space 5" a

part a 10 deg or 15 deg off from the first guide for the next 3 guides. the balance at 180 deg. from the top. first one [10]from the tipwas 4 1/2" balance at 5".

i dad the twist to the left side of the handle . some people go to the right . i did

left so i can use my left hand to guide the line .

on the firstguide the line was in the center

of it. same for the next two ,the 4 was a little off center of the guide .

i hope this help you a little.

Billy, you're everywhere! We had a little discussion regarding GUSA for striper fishing on the **** board before.....well, the search engine is dead again and I browsed through about 50 pages before i gave up, that's why I asked.

Oh, my bad didn't know the search was down. Some guys are Tackle ****, I'm the internet *****, hello Jak!!

Send me an e-mail at vivonab@colsonservices.com - I'll attach a write up I did regarding the spiral wrap as well as a regular guides on top, and light spinning rods.

What Eddie said is pretty much it - it's really not rocket science, and I find it easier to do than a traditional rod because you can static deflect the rod without worrying about the guides flipping over. I pretty much space the guides the same (not exactly, but close enough for now) as regular. Make sure the line flows through the guide straight, and that it touches about the top or bottom of the guide ring when flexed. If a guide makes the line stick out at a sharp angle (the size 16 will, I almost guarantee), you can remove it an replace it with a 12. It's all up to you.

As for guides, you can use teh heavy frame heavy ring BHNLG / HNSG - but I think they are just too heavy for any of my rods, so I opt for the lighter framed BNLGH. You use what you think you'll like.