Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BillB

Weekly Ledge Lizard report

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Mother Nature has been nice this weekend and provided us with some cloudy drizzly wicked sweet weather. The fish have been hanging in close to the ledges. The LARGE have been elusive but fish in the 20's have kept it exciting. I might have to start throwing fish parts on the beach this week in hopes of snagging a LARGE.

Hey Bill,

I'm seeing the same thing. Did well last Wednesday morning with about a dozen fish from 20-26". Better fishing then Ive had in a while from shore. I think I may have to invest in some frozen fish parts myself if I plan on catching something bigger. Havent been out in a few days. New puppy is keeping me busy. But Im sure Ill be back out to the rock piles very soon.

Have I mentioned that I love Maine? wink.gif You guys ever chase the smallmouths in the Lincoln area? Ever chase the landlocks near Milo? Ever consider having a flatlander or two up there to chase the stripahs in any of them perty rivers?

Keep us posted from the land of the ledge lizards! biggrin.gif

TimS

Oh my what a weekend. No weekend ledge events to talk about but ohhhhhh the river stripah fishing was sweet. After being skunked on the ledge Friday last Friday morning (ayuh,it do happen on occasion)I decided to give the river another shot on Sat. It was that or it was gonna be bait heaving on the beach. I made the correct decision. Besides Ragfly begged me to go. biggrin.gif We managed to hook up on at least thirty in the 20's. One even managed to bend over the cheap hooks on Ragfly's Mambo Minnow. He'll be switching to 4x hooks this week for sure. Missing still were those LARGE fish. I was gonna go searching for them this morning before work but still recovering from the weekend early rising. Tim: Can't say that I have fished the areas you mentioned. They sound nice. Yah know Chummy, yah always have an open invitation to visit. Just let me know at least a few days in advance. The action is gonna start to EXPLODE in two weeks. There is much bait around and when it all starts to head south it is gonna be AMAZING!!! Hey Marty, have you been giving the mouths of the rivers a shot on the incoming tides? Tim: Have yah hit Fortunes Rock with eels yet?

[This message has been edited by BillB (edited 08-07-2000).]