Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
libassboy

Cono-flex CastN'Snatch

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experience with the Conoflex CastN'Snatch, im referring to the 9' version rated 2-4ozs. Id like to build one for myself, id really like to try something different than Lami,Rs, etc.

How is the weight rating, will it handle 4 ozs? also whats the bottom end of the stick, say 1-1.5ozs?

Thanks for any help in advance, I figure theres gotta be somone out there who uses this stick. HappyWave.gif

I had one a while back and mine had both butt sections. If I remember right the rating was right on the money. I think its a little crisp for 1 to 1.5 oz unless you were going to fish it spinning. It will cast it but like a bit more to load. I never really used the small butt section Big Dave

Thanks Dave, yeah I was thinkin about makin it a spinner. I was curious about how accurate the weight rating was, they seem to be really all over the place nowadays.

Im gonna build it and see how it goes, itll be my first carbon fibre stick.

UK rod effective weight ratings for the most part are usually very close to as stated, and they do it to key in on peak performance of the blank. But there are UK rods that are the exception to that rule, not many, but some. On the other hand for some reason USA manufactures seem to give rods a much wider working range. Big Dave

Big Dave was spot on as usual. I read somewhere that most european rods are rated for the pendulum cast so you can feel safe in the range specified. Most conflex rods are right on the mark

weight wise.

Great rods for the buck.