dennysnook

Van Staal Anti Reverse

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, i07nyc said:

Denny i hate to sound dumb but im pretty sure its a manual close bail. So no spring

It is manual, and I'm the dumb one because I don't know what I'm talking about with reel parts because I never dissect anything. Why I put the closer mechanism. Open is not the problem it very loosely closes, doesn't click in even like my other manual bails and seems like it will fly open at any given notice. Running the line over the line roller at purchase caused it to creep open from the pressure. Don't know what is wrong but something doesn’t seem right

39 mins ago, albacized said:

It's definitely a manual bail...wont flip closed on its own....just like Shimano saragosa, larger Stellas, and Daiwa saltigas 

Closing is the problem. Just assumed it was some type of spring that holds it in the closed position. Need to do my homework, but couldn't find a video with a quick search. You physically have to close the bail all the way and it takes no pressure to remove from closed position. 

I had issues on the first bail design with the bail opening when setting the hook on fish. The line would get stuck on the bail wire. There was a small gap before the wire connected to the line roller housing (before it made it to the line roller) 

It’s a very simple mech... not much to mess with .. I would get a new spring and go from there.. love my vsb 150 very much .. smoothest staal I ever had my hands on ..