Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumb-Burner

Allstar 1265 vs. Loomis 1266

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

looking for a compare and contrast.. I'm gonna have to spend my Christmas money on something!!!!

thanks in advance for any help.. rod would be a conventional using a 6600 c5 mag X or a 5500 cs mag elite abu.

------------------

All tackled up and nowhere to go!!!

Both great rods. One is for 3/4 to 3 OZ and the 1266 is for about 2 to 5 OZ. I'd want a 6500 on the 1265 and either a 6500 or 7000 on the 1266. I make both rods often and the 1265 is one of the nicest rods available anywhere at any price. The 1266 makes a nice canal rod for guys who must go two piece.

T-B.....

I built a 1265/2 conv. last winter and over the summer and fall it quickly became my favorite rod. With 2 oz., one of the nicest rods to cast I've ever used at any price. I use it with 6500 series Abus. Pure pleasure on the beach..... smile.gif

--OJ

So ditch Jigger.. are you saying the breakaway/allstar 1266 is similar in action to the loomis 1266... if so, that answers part of what i'm looking for... the 1266 breakaway is stiffer than i need for thisun.

Sorry , I thought you asked about the Allstar 1265 vs the Allstar 1266. Glad Ditch pointed that out.

The loomis 1266/2 is a 1 to 4 OZ rod. My comments above are about the Allstar 1266/2.

If i could only have one , I'd choose the Allstar 1265.

The other reason I asked is that Loomis blanks are increasingly difficult to get, and IMO the factory 1266 is overpriced. Plus I hate those Loomis grips.

And I've seen one Loomis 1266 snap with my own eyes and read about some others doing the same thing.

I throw 1-5/8 oz Gibbs darters easily on my All Star 1266, but mine is wrapped spinning.