Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
westhavendave

Lami "seconds"

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experience dealing with the guy on ebay selling Lami "seconds". Prices are decent but no warranty kind of scares me, his feedback is good. Buy it now on a 10' 2pc Ron Arra is $185. goes buy the handle fishfishing

Hi,

Manufacturers do not warrantee seconds/blems. If it breaks you have no recourse. Does that price include shipping or is shipping extra/

I am sure that if you check out all the companies listed on the web sites for rod building you might find a 1st quality for a good price. Try your local B&T shops if you are near any.

Are these blanks or factory rods? I didn't think Lami sold "second" factory rods so I'm assuming they're blanks?

If so, $185 for an Arra second isn't a bargain.

Bill that's right, Lami doesn't release blems anymore. It's possible this guy stockpiled them a while back when they were easy to find.

Buying a blem is tough without taking a look at it, though I've done it when the price was right.

Ive seen those ads too Dave, dont think they were "seconds" or blems as we usually think of them. Didnt the ad say they were rods that had been used at shows by Lami themselves? The fact that there was no warranty kept me away from ever bidding, seemed like his "buy it now price" was within roughly 30 bucks or so of what you could buy it for new if you shopped smartly, always seemed like a cheap price to have a warranty.

The last time I was at the lami factory they advised me they no longer sell blank seconds.Thats been a couple years ago. Upon asking the rep what they did with thier rejects was told they just cut them up to assure they dont get into the system.Notwithstanding the ebayer has an inventory from the past. Of course all seconds do not have decals, nor any I D. Al Tennat

Guys,

We haven't sold any 2nd blanks in over 3 years. We do however sell some factory blems in rods. These rods do "NOT" have a warranty and have been marked to keep from being replaced.

We also have no Lamiglas employee doing the selling of product over the internet.

Regards,

Todd

If someone pays that much for a rod with no Warantee, they are a freaking idiot. And I mean that. The cost of replacing a rod/blank is built into the price of each and every rod/blank. FLy rods, which break more often, have more "warantee" built in than a Tuna rod which will rarely if ever break. I don't know this for fact, but I've heard it discussed here and there when at seminars.

SO, if a company builds in a Warantee replacement into the price of every blank at say, $20 - you're only saving $10 buying the blem off EBAY.

Please, do yourself a favor and don't drink a can of soda at work for a month, take the $30 you just saved & but a Waranteed rod. THen PM me to thank me for helping you lose 4 pounds, lol.

I bought one of these off EBay. An 8' 1 piece. He did not disclose that the rod was a second. When I got it and checked out the initial put on the rod by Lami, turned out it designated that the rod was a second. The price was right, and rod works fine. In fact I love it. Whatever made it a second is in no way apparent to me. It does not have a guarantee, however.