Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gadwall8

Flex Coat Lite

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I noticed in the new Clemens catalog that they dropped FC Lite finish. Included in the description for FC "Original High Build" is the following: " we carry and reccomend the original high build formula only".

Q. I used FC Lite on my last two rods do I have something to worry about?

Q. Is there a suitable replacement? I guess I'm concerned about getting "footballs"cwm31.gif with High Build type finishes especially on fly rods.

Thanks!

Gadwall confused.gifconfused.gif

Gadwall,

I have know idea why Clemens dropped the FC Lite from their catalog. I have been a FC user for along time and never used the Lite formula.

The secret to a great finish is multiple thin coats.

Al

Al, with all due respect, wouldn't flex coat Lite (I have never used) since it is less viscous, make it that much easier to achieve thin coats? Again I have never used the FC lite formula, following your tips given on the forums about how to achieve great results with the regular high build formula has served well. Just seems that since it is thinner from the get go it would aid this.

JC

Jameson,

You are probably correct. Clemens may have just dropped it so as to not have to carry it in their inventory. Clemens carries regular FC and their own private label high-build and low-build finishes in Poly Build and Crystal Coat. I believe they also dropped U40 LS Supreme.

Al