Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SST

GLB1081L or GSB1081M

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Hello, Al

I'm looking to build a new rod veeeeery soon. Which of these blanks would you prefer for tossing 7/8 oz bombers? I prefer a rod with moderate action and also a little whippy. I believe both of the blanks are moderate. Which is the whippiest?

What's your opinion on Fuji's guide concept for surf rods. I have a Fuji SEA BASS guide placement chart and the stripper guide is always a 30 mm high frame guide, all the way up to 12 footers. Wouldn't a 40 mm high frame be a better choice for certain applications?

Thanks

TS

The GSB1081L is rated for 1/2-1.5 ounces which would make is the right choice for your application.

I would put the Fuji high-frame single foot guides on this rod, either YSG or YLG in the following sizes: 30,25,20,16,12,10,10 and a PST tip with a #10 ring. You can also start with the 40HH stripper and then go to the single foots.

[This message has been edited by Al Goldberg (edited 09-01-2002).]

I would spend the extra $30 or so and get the Lami Arra XRA 1083 blank. Build using the 40HH then switch to single foot guides. 30, 25 , 20 , 16 , 12 (hardloy) with a size 10 or 12 SiC tip depending on the line you intend to use.