Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

Magic blanks :-)

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I mean those blanks that are so outstanding, so versatile, so abolutely necessary that that might as well be called magic smile.gif

My first nomination indeed goes to the venerable Lamiglas GSB120 1L - wrapped conventional of course wink.gif

I mean, what other mod/fast taper graphite can you throw a 6" bomber as far as any spinning rod...and then when the sun comes up, snap on a 6oz hatteras sinker, wrap on a soft shelled calico and put cast after cast out on the bar where the waters rolling the perfect white? smile.gif

TimS

Tim, how about posting the specs on that conventional 1201l. That sounds like something I'd take a crack at. I've just started to add conventionals to my arsenal and that setup sounds too good to be true. Thanks

Tim:

In no particular order...

MB114 3F You can make anything out of this one!Use your imagination!

MB96-3E You can make lots of Inshore rods out of this one.

BT108 3M... The Party Boat fishermans Right ARM!

Fenwick LB 1206... No longer made. The only reason I am mentioning this one is that while this was another great Mother Blank, The were NEVER as durable as anything Lami ever made. Pinhookers used em' for a season and delt em' off. They fatigued easily from lots of casting or catchin fish. They would get soft. When you continuede to punish a fatigued rod they eventually blew up. If Lami could make something similar, they would make it right! The blank was Fenglass which was a type of S-glass. Real light, multi tapered.

My first nomination indeed goes to the venerable Lamiglas GSB120 1L - wrapped conventional of course wink.gifTimS

I just got the chills...

I can't wait!

luke

Gary, the specs? It's a 10ft 1 piece graphite stick. It's officially rated 2-6oz. .775 butt, 10 tip, weighs 8oz.

The 2oz low end is a bit high, I fish mine fine down to 1oz lures, no compromise there. I've thrown 6oz w/ 2oz bunker chunks...so that puts it over 8oz...but it's happiest around 7oz total weight.

Luke, you have to wait wink.gifwink.gif

TimS

Tim,

I'm being good, I'm not gonna nag since fishing ain't all that great right now. But come September... wink.gif

luke

are we there yet? are we there yet?are we there yet?are we there yet?are we there yet?

Al; I'm confused two posts on the GSB-1201-L

7/24 "Magic blanks" Tim S says it's rated at 2-6 OZ sweet spot at 7 oz

on 7-6 you state it is rated 1-3 oz

I'm looking for a bait rod for clams and chunks off the beach, which one is correct?

------------------

junkmansj <*(((><

Confused here too - confusion comes easily to me, I do it really well and will tutor anyone who needs help. Are we really all talkiing about the same blank? Has Lami quietly revampe the specs on that blank?

Yea, I'm confused, too! wink.gif

Boy, I shoulda read that one before posting iticon15.gif I hope someone understood it! What I meant was it's happiest at an upper limit of around 7oz. I was refering to the top end of the rod. I can see how that was very poorly writtenicon15.gif

Junkman, I never stated the GSB120 1L was rated 1-3oz...never, ever, ever...I swear it smile.gif It'll throw 1-3oz...but it'll throw 3-6oz too smile.gif This is not a bait rod...it's a plugging/jigging rod that can throw bait if it had to.

I'm thinking that some of you might be getting confused with the GSB102 1L and the GSB120 1L although I can't understand how wink.gifwink.gif

TimS