Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XBMX

EMBOSSED EVA GRIP MATERIAL

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Saw some EVA grips on a rod that had an embossed disign in them, kind of like tic-tac-toe. They felt nice and looked great. Anyone know a supplier that is carring them? Seems they are to new to be listed on the web sites.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture, would you? You're sure it wasn't shrink tubing, right? (I don't mean to insult you with that, I know you build a lot of rods and know the difference, but I had to ask)

I've seen EVA grips in Clemens Tackls whioch had a raised "Seam" of EVA. What they did was use heavy twine and tied it tight around the grip in a diamond pattern (tic tac toe). Tehy then sanded hte grip, and when they were done removed teh twine. Since the sandpaper didn't touch the grip under the twine, when it went back to shape it was a little higher in the areas under teh twine.

I never tried this myself, but I think it looked & felt really nice. Would be great on a Porgy/Sea Bass rod where your hands get muced up from clams, teh "seam" would/might add a little extra grip.

What we used at Clemens was florist wire. It is soft, strong, and green color. Wrap it into the grip and then turn the grip down until you hit the wire (it turns bright silver color when you take off the green with sand paper).