Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surflion

Bridge Rods

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

two choices IMO...1) Lami 122 1Mh, 10 ft, tons of ball$, can lift fish to 15-20 lbs... I se it with a squidder and 50 lb test of the bridge... 2) Rainshadow SU 1209.. light version of the 122 1MH. still does the same thing...

both can double as chunking rods as well...

BC

BC How stiff is that rod? is it pool cue material? I'm assuming that your talking about the new all graphite blanks. I have never seen one of these. I wrapped an older composite 1207 last year and while looking for that blank I looked at the 1208 and 1209 composite models.

Do a web search for "Harrington Rods". You should be able to find a link to the Harrington/Harnell website. Call the company (located in Missouri, when I last checked) and they should be able to steer you to a shop that carries the blanks. You can also request a catalog online.

For many years, South Bend owned the trademark to "Harnell" so the blanks were sold as Harringtons. The original owners have reclaimed the Harnell nme and the newer blanks carry the Harnell label.

WOW I never realized that they made blanks again. I knew that Harnell was a South Bend NameI just never knew that it was sold back. The first surf rod I owned was a Harnell.

Steve,

The bridge fishing in our area really tears up blanks (They get scraped on the high concrete wall). A lot of guys are using the Gatorglass blanks. I think they go for somewhere around $35 at Brielle B&T.

Talk to NIB or Linesider they can fill you in on the model numbers.

I built about forty of em' from Gator Glass blanks. Excellent for the bridge cause the finished rod is ony a hundred bucks and it'll do the same job a hundred and forty dollar Lami blank will do. And, you don't gotta have a heart attack when you scrape it on the concrete. Their also great for clam blasting from the beach.

WBG What model number are you wrappin for bridge use? I was thinkin of a 10' and will be wrappin it myself. If I'm not mistaken I think your in my area so I guess we'd be talkin the same bridges basically.