Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gilbey

Permagloss Touch Up

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I refinished an old rod, stripped it, sanded, coated with Permagloss, and built it back up again. In the building process I have managed to ding up the permagloss finish in a couple spots. Any tips on how to fix it? Can I just touch up with a little PG or will that look worse?

Thanks!

Alan

I refinished an old rod, stripped it, sanded, coated with Permagloss, and built it back up again. In the building process I have managed to ding up the permagloss finish in a couple spots. Any tips on how to fix it? Can I just touch up with a little PG or will that look worse?

Thanks!

Alan

Thanks!

Alan

I don't beleive there should be any touble with a little tuch up with the Permagloss. Where I do see a problem is you stated you sanded the blank. Never sand a blank you can destory rod fibers and if it is graphie it well blow up on you. What you can do is deglaze the rod with a grey 3M scuff pad