Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fencer04

Cod Blank

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I need a blank for fishing the Helen H. I am looking for a jigging stick a little on the stiff side and 8 feet long. I about the Calstar 800H but since I have never cod fished before I will take any suggestions. Thanks Al and everyone else.

------------------

J.Hansen

[This message has been edited by Fencer04 (edited 11-15-2002).]

Justin,

Didn't we meet at the workshop last February?

The Castar 800H can do the job. However, it may be a little too fast action. There are several other blanks that make great cod jigging sticks depending on your budget. Here are two to consider. The Lami is comparable in price to the Calstar and the Uglystick is less money. The GBU120-6 has been used for many years on GB.

Lami composite CGBT96H

Ugly Stick GBU120-6 trimmed to a #16 tip and then trimmed from the butt to 7.5 feet.

Hey Al,

Yes we did meet at the workshop, I am trying to make it to Connecticut and hope to see you there. This is for a customer of mine and he says that money isn't an object so whatever blank you believe will be the best. The only stipulation is that it is 8ft long when finished. He won't be using braid so I don't think that a composite is necessary but if it is then OK. Thanks for the help.

------------------

J.Hansen

Justin,

I look forward to seeing you in CT. I am mailing out registration forms next week.

As far as the blank, a composite gives you the sensitivity of graphite and the durability of glass. I would go with the Lami CGBT96H, Fuji SIC USG guides and a Fuji seat. Read up on the "Spiral" wrap since deepwater jigging is a great application for the spiral wrap.

Al

I have done a couple of acid wraps for both myself and some friends on some tog sticks. I love them so I will probably do that with mine. The customer is against it since it doesn't look "traditional" as he said.

------------------

J.Hansen