Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Dickinson

Kennedy-Fisher 10' Light

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I have a 10' Kennedy fisher light (number was 8320, I think). If I had to throw all of my plugging rods away except one I would keep that one. I will cry when it breaks. Since I can't find another one, what in todays giant inventory comes closest to it. Any of you rod techno's know?

Crazy Bill

Couple of things--one, it may never break biggrin.gif According to Pat Abate at River's End tackle in CT, the JKF blanks had a small amount of S-glass in them to add strength.

Two, there are persistent rumors (but so far unconfirmed) that some company had purchased the JKF mandrels and will bring back the blanks.

Finally, I have a rod built on the 8420 Fisher blank---not sure if yours is the same or not. Mine was rated for 1-4 oz. Assuming it's the same rod, the closest thing you're going to find to it in graphite is the Lamiglas GSB 120 1M.

I know a supplier that has some Fisher blanks that were made in Carson City Nv the longest blanks he has are 9ft. The one I got was a c1586 Glass/Graphite 8.5ft, I think I paid 15.00. He also had a bunch shorter and I built a nice boat rod on another blank that I can not recall the model. If these blanks are of interest to you send me a PM. Bruce

Versitex is the supplier that had some of these blanks. But a bunch of people asked for the information so I am sure if there were any good salt water blanks they are gone by now. You may still find some good 7-8 ft boat blanks. Bruce