Are you counting down yet?

Rate this topic

Crazy Alberto

Man, the toggin' must be good up there - we're charterin' a 65' party boat in December for $40 a head for 20 guys! cwm24.gif

I always get weird when tips are included with the cost and neither one is actually mentioned cwm13.gif How do we know if we're givin' the boat a good tip or bad tip?!?smile.gifCould ya break it down (fare/tip) for us slow people Al, I always prefer things nice and clear and upfront round here - makes it easier for me to 'splain to da' wife smile.gif

Count me in for the $10 big fish pool, I'll pass on the 16" accumulated thing - if the trip is a good one, there will be too many tog over that to keep track of!cwm24.gif Heck, last Sunday I wouldn't even wanna guess how many tog over 16" we had a couple miles off the beach in NJ - way more than I'd want to keep track of - and that's in the barren wasteland that I live in wink.gif

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

How bout we do a pool just amongst the SOL members for high hook and the largest tog? We'll still do the boat pool of course, but kick in another $20-25 bucks to be split for the SOL high hook and the right to be called the Togasaurus King...if ya don't want in,then you're not in.

------------------

...tis the season when its good to have crabs...

got tog?

Team Goats

Al, if we count 18" and up togs, I'm all go fer the deal smile.gif 16" tog are juvies, easily persuaded from their playpens and elementary schools with shiny stuff - a scant 2" above the state minimum size - what kinda accomplishment is that? wink.gif You wanna count 18" and up only for the "most" pool, I'll gladly double the ante for the SOL Challenge and we drop second prize - winner take all smile.gif I wouldn't expect everyone would want in the SOL Challenge anyway, so even at $25/each, there wouldn't be enough in the pot to cover the trip - not to mention takin' a second place outta the pot cwm24.gif

And are gonna do this SOL Challenge thing as teams or individuals? If it's 16" tog to count and a first and second place, I'll keep the $25 to cover gas for my 4hr drive wink.gif

Honestly, I don't figger more than half the folks coming are gonna want in for $25 or more per. If this SOL Challenge things falls through, we'll just have to do the same old, same old, big fish wins - gives everyone a fair shot at stickin' a big nasty white chin and takin' the $$ smile.gif

Don't forget, I've got a whopping 4 tog trips on boats under my belt in the past 10 years! I'm far from a ringer, I just like to talk all bad wink.gif

TimS

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Tim - at least you've togged 4 times. I've only been out with Crash twice. I don't mind 2 pools, I just wanna know how much I am going to be out at the end of the day - $125 id fine with me. The open-ended thing with $2/pound will be fine and dandy when I know what the heck I'm doing.

Billy

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

It seems I should have taken a graduate degree in diplomacy.

Since we have all levels of experience and people with limits resources, it would not be fair to not count all keepers. That is why I am setting a minimum of 16 inches.

Boat pool fopr the largest tog - $10 a head.

SOL Challenge - $25 per head. Assuming 8 people in is a pot of $150.

$100 for Most Keepers >16 inches

50 for the biggest tog for those in

the challenge.

Side bets can still be made for those who choose to do so.

I think I should teach Diplomacy at the Fletcher School.

How bout we do a pool just amongst the SOL members for high hook and the largest tog? We'll still do the boat pool of course, but kick in another $20-25 bucks to be split for the SOL high hook and the right to be called the Togasaurus King...if ya don't want in,then you're not in.

GotTog is right! We should have a SOL high hook and a togasaurus King pool! We should also make it interesting by awarding the person who catches the first & last fish.

This way we will cover all aspect of tautog fishing... We can acknowledge the skillful, award the lucky, and praise the Tautogsaurus king. I also think we should crown the weakest link (least fish caught). wink.gif

And for those who wants to have separate side and team bets could do so ....

How about it guys?

"Crazy" Alberto

[This message has been edited by Crazy Alberto (edited 11-08-2001).]

Are we gonna need referees? wink.gif

I concede, I'm with crash, I just wanna togtogtogtogtogtogtogtogtogtogtogtog smile.gif

So basically, $90 (fare and tip), $10 (big fish pool), and $25 (most 16" tog get's 2/3 the pot, biggest tog in the SOL Challenge gets 1/3 pot). Total of $125. Add a monsterous side bet with Kooky Al, no more than $100 smile.gif

That sound about where we're at? wink.gif

TimS

I am happy the $$$ issue is out of the way. Now we can get back to trash talking again!!!!

Al - are you sure your charter was cancelled?? Maybe Crazy paid Rich off - to tell you it was cancelled so you don't get any practice. You never know. You did split up the teams and maybe he is working against you?!?! I wouldn't put it past him either. I say we all go to his house and see if he returns home with some gigantic Tog - if so he should be penalized.

Go Goats!!!!!

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16