Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazy Alberto

Are you counting down yet?

Rate this topic

141 posts in this topic

Don't even try to make some secret alliance plans in these parts, my friend.

Odds evens says shoot - OK you got first pick. Uh-oh, you picked Al G.

Well I then got GOTTOG.

The AL's (Crazy & G.) against the Goats (Go-Tog & Billy Goat) 11/24[/size]

To be fair, someone gotta lend GOTTOG a special Tog rod - and the both of you know what it is I'm talking about. That there CGBT841M, this way we're all even to start. I have teh 781M, not sure if I'll have my 841M ready be then.

Don't forget, I have a little surprise for both of you Al's, that's gonna make you both laugh!!!

Billy

[This message has been edited by Billy 40 (edited 10-27-2001).]

Just to keep it fair I will loan Gottog "Mighty Mouse".

I am heading out to the Northfork tomorrow to start practicing my technique. I am a little rusty since last Fall. By the 24th I should be in "fighting shape".

Just returned from Orient Point on our first official tog expedition of the Fall season.

There was a howling north wind in the morning from 20-25 knots. We crossed over the Sound to the Ct shoreline and fished off Black Point. The ride across was wet and rolling.

We had outgoing tide most of the day fishing in 75 feet of water with 12 ounces of lead. There was a solid pick all day with periodic hot bites. The last hour we anchored up on a small wreck and had a torrid bite.

The final tally was 75 keepers to 7 lbs for 10 people. I was high hook and took the pool. The water temperature is starting to drop and the tog were starting to bite a little more aggresively. It should be redhot in two weeks with lower water temp and another quarter moon tide.

It's time to start thinking about a little wagering for the shootout on the 24th.

Glad to hear you had a few nice fish.

It's time to start thinking about a little wagering for the shootout on the 24th.

Sure - just don't forget you have the home field advantage. I bet you and The Loco Al are thinking it's gonna be like taking candy from a baby. That's fine with me, I like being the underdawg.

Billy

[This message has been edited by Billy 40 (edited 10-28-2001).]

YEAH Team GOATTOG!!!...or something like thattongue.gif

So its you and me Billy??? I've been known to be goodluck once I ditch the skunk.gif

So I get to use Mighty Mouse??? Is this a good thing or what???

Cant wait to meet all of you guys. I'm jones'n for some fishing. Didnt get my fix this past weekend due to a wedding I was in...there goes another friend

cwm27.gif

------------------

...tis the season when its good to have crabs...

got tog?

Mike,

"Mighty Mouse" is ther meanest tog stick there is for fishing the East End. It's a Loomis Hybrid HB60H. It has many 10-12 lb tog to its credit.

Seriously, the tog bite is slowly intensifying. I am praying that we have good weather on the 24th so that we will then be able to fish a special deep wreck that has produced many large whitechins. Also, if you think the "Crazy One" is good on bass, then be prepared for a show, since is is a superb togman.

[This message has been edited by Al Goldberg (edited 10-29-2001).]

Al,

Guess all I should say is THANKS and "here I come to save the day..."

I think after this trip I might have to put you to work on a tog stick for me =)

------------------

got tog?

TOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOG

TOGTOG TOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOG!!!

YEAH GOATS!!!

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

------------------

got tog?

[This message has been edited by TimS (edited 11-01-2001).]

OK, so it's The Als, Team Goat, and I'll choose....ummm....BrianZ! smile.gif **Boy, I sure hope BrianZ can make the trip icon15.gifsmile.gificon15.gif

And, since there's talk of wagering, let's first define the method of measuring one teams success against the others. Is it most fish? Most keepers? Most bait eaten? Biggest single fish? Most non-tog critters? Fewest broken rods? We need some guidelines, then we talk about wagering smile.gif

I got some sticks for just this adventure. My backup is one I wrapped just for kicks last year, it's a Lami BT96-5S...it might be an 8S, I'm not 100% sure now...but I'll tell ya what, it's a pretty cool piece of fiberglas wink.gif But my goto rod is a discontinued blank, the most amazing blank I've ever seen - I'll just simply continue to refer to it as "The Green Rod"

That's all I gotta say about that rod smile.gif

TimS

[This message has been edited by TimS (edited 11-01-2001).]

Here is my proposal for the wagering.

Option 1 - Teams of two: Crazy Al and Al G., Billy and Mike (Gottog), Tim S and Brian Z.

Option 2 - Every man for himself.

Winner is based on the total number of keeper tog caught by individual or team. Strict conservation rules will apply. Any fish caught over the legal limit must be released but will count in the overall team or individual tally. The mate or captain will be the sole judge if any fish is a keeper.

Wagering will be based upon the difference in catch count times $1 per fish. e.g. If the winning team catches 25 keepers and is 10 fish greater then each of the other teams, then each of the losing teams pays the winning team $10. If it's an individual contest then the same rule applies.

We will have some other real sharpie tog fishermen on the boat and I will open up the contest to them should they want to participate. Guys, no joke, there probably will be two elderly ladies on the boat. Individually or separately each of them is an awesome tog fisherman. You have been warned.

There will be a separate $5 pool for the largest tog since there will be other people on the trip. I am estimating approximately 14 people will be there so that's a $70 pool with one prize for the largest tog.

Al

The Al's vs The Goats vs Jersey Inc vs the Female Toggers[/size]

The Battle Royal Tog-A-Thon is on - 11/24!!!!!!!! [/size]

[This message has been edited by Billy 40 (edited 11-01-2001).]

Al, these are supposed to be the best of the best, the cream of the crop, the upper crust of toggers! Let's not insult each of them with such meager goals as "keeper" tog - let's only count tog of 18" as our measure. I'll bring a half dozen "tournament" style aluminum fish measuring thingies - the thingies with the bend that you slide the fish up to so you get an accurate measurement. These are the most accurate measuring thingies know to man wink.gif I'll loan them to the boat for our tog-a-thonsmile.gif None of this 14" keeper stuff, that's insulting to the others on the boat wink.gif 18" is a good, healthy tog - or does 20" sound like a better size? smile.gif

And what's with this $1/$5 stuff, we got some serious "expenses" to cover on this expedition, coming all the way from the flatlands gets expensive! With only 14 people, you're all gonna have to part with more than $5 to make it worth my...ummm...our while wink.gif I'm not sure the "how many more than the other teams" thing is the best way, why not just have two separate pools? One pool for the single biggest fish and another pool for the team or individual with the most tog over 18"? Sound like a plan? smile.gif

TimS