yogiiiboy

Photos of Fish caught on Sluggos, Hogys and Swim Shads

Rate this topic

149 posts in this topic

I usually rig the longer sluggos texas-style or with a single circle or siwash hook in the front. Most of the times, bass over 20 inches are taking them in from the head, so they end up getting hooked.

If I use a larger 14" Hogy, I will either double rig it with some braid attaching the hooks or I will use a larger texas-style hook.

First pic is a 30 lb. fish of mine. The second and third pics are buddies of mine. My fish was caught on Hogy 10" Bone original, same as the third pic. The second was caught on the 14" bone Hogy

I usually rig the longer sluggos texas-style or with a single circle or siwash hook in the front. Most of the times, bass over 20 inches are taking them in from the head, so they end up getting hooked.

If I use a larger 14" Hogy, I will either double rig it with some braid attaching the hooks or I will use a larger texas-style hook.

xj....you fishing from the rocks.......i would think from the surf you wouldn't be getting too much distance with just the texas style rig......no?

HS-

How do you rig those white 12" sluggos ?? Nice fish....

I have some that I bought pre-rigged tandem, and others I bought unrigged. With the unrigged, I have gone with a single mustad 8/0. I will wrap the shank with some old mono and glue. Typically in the surf I am throwing them with a 9' rated 3/4 - 4 oz. They are heavy enough without insert weights to get some decent distance.

I have never caught a fish on a sluggo, never even used one cause I don't know how
fish??? how will you be able to have a chance to catch if you don't fish it ???

I have some that I bought pre-rigged tandem, and others I bought unrigged. With the unrigged, I have gone with a single mustad 8/0. I will wrap the shank with some old mono and glue. Typically in the surf I am throwing them with a 9' rated 3/4 - 4 oz. They are heavy enough without insert weights to get some decent distance.

yeah....i usually like to strap a wobblehead on them or the weighted 10/0 hook that Lunker City has (i believe the 10/0 weighs in at 1/2 oz.). They get some nice distance...

They cast out far enough to reach the fish LOL. I buy them tandem rigged and insert the Lunker City weights in them the same way Steve McKenna does. I keep the rod tip up at first and when the Sluggo comes in closer I drop the rod parallel to the water. I usually work the Sluggo slower than most people. Sorry for the late reply Yogiiiboy, works killing me. LOL

Posting this for VanStaalSteve

This 40 pound fish was caught on a 9" black Slug-go rigged with two 7/0 hooks and weighted with 4 Lunker city insert weights. This fish was weighed and released.

It is the 6th 40lb plus bass I have taken on the 9" Slug-go.

This 40 pound fish was caught on a 9" black Slug-go rigged with two 7/0 hooks and weighted with 4 Lunker city insert weights. This fish was weighed and released.

damn..............sounds like VSS has success with that 9" black sluggo..........

Side note, I only weigh the 9" Sluggo, the 12" doesn't need any weight being that it weighs close to 3 oz.
Mon-

can you keep that 12" sluggo on or near the surface ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny513 View Post

Got her on the first cast of the night at the beginning of the year. Seemed like it was kinda far our hard to remember. It was caught in MA at the place that shall not be named. Seems to cause a big issue in the MA forum.

The weigh station is obvious and the $3.4x price of gas is a dead giveaway it's not a recent fish.  :D

You're right, that forum is beyond ridiculous these days. Nice fish!

That's one sexy mfer. Not Steve. The fish.