yogiiiboy

Photos of Fish caught on Sluggos, Hogys and Swim Shads

Rate this topic

149 posts in this topic

We've all talked about the power of rubber in the surf. How about some pictures of those surf & jetty caught fish with the selected rubber lure ? I'm going to try and download a few from my phone for starters..........

In the meantime, whattaya guys got .......

Got this 31" in the Harbor from shore (not really surf or jetty per se, but it is pretty close). I also had the fish of my life the same night on the same 10 inch white Hogy--took about 100 yards of line and then dove into a dividing fence, slicing the lure right off. He had to be at least 25-30 lbs to take line so quickly without any slowing down.

<br />

Got this 31" in the Harbor from shore (not really surf or jetty per se, but it is pretty close). I also had the fish of my life the same night on the same 10 inch white Hogy--took about 100 yards of line and then dove into a dividing fence, slicing the lure right off. He had to be at least 25-30 lbs to take line so quickly without any slowing down.

fine fish you got there,love the zigs/zags on it's side,,,nice werk.

H-H

boy Roddy....... That fish in the last pic took that whole bait right in!!! Did he swallow it straight in ?? Trouble getting that hook off ??

boy Roddy....... That fish in the last pic took that whole bait right in!!! Did he swallow it straight in ?? Trouble getting that hook off ??

it was waay down there but, I have a pair of 12 inch needle nose pliers so reaching it was easy,just a push backwards and it popped right out.

H-H

Boy ....... no love for rubber ? We have threads with metal, bucktails and plugs.......let's get this thread up and running for the rubber !!! :banghd::banghd:

I had hundreds of plugs in my collection. Continuously reached for the sluggos year after year.

I sold all the plugs and fish sluggos in two colors and Bucktails.

Its all I need :)

Man-o-Man.....I truly loved seeing that older "Green Penn" reel in your arsenal yogiiiboy.....fond memories of early days of fishing with my Dad(who still fishes if I take him someplace close).

Solid workhorse of a reel made to last and little frills....caught you a striper with it too....awesome...!!!

Mahalos,

I had hundreds of plugs in my collection. Continuously reached for the sluggos year after year.

I sold all the plugs and fish sluggos in two colors and Bucktails.

Its all I need :)

im starting to feel the same way about metals/tins a d rubber !!

Biggest surf fish yet on a 4oz black ronz. It was 44" and 34.6lbs.

nice fish johny.....how far out did he take the Ronz ?? And whereabouts did you get him?? Up North ?