Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike c

SIZE D THREAD PROBLEMS

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

HI ,AL I WRAPPED SIZE D REGULAR GREEN THREAD OVER A BLACK UNDER WRAP I PUT 2 COATS OF CP OVER THE GREEN WHEN I PUT THE COLOR PRESERVE ON IT LOOKED AS IF THE THREAD SOAKED IT IN MORE ON SOME SPOTS CAUSING IT TO LOOK DARKER IN SOME SPOTS.THEN I APPLIED ONE COAT OF FINISH A DAY LATER SAME RESULTS.IS IT JUST THE NATURE OF THE THREAD OR DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG TANKS AL.

Mike,

You cannot wrap a lighter colored regular thread over a dark color or you will get bleedthrough. If you wrapped the same regular green thread over a dark blank you would still get the same bleedthrough.

Here are some tips.

When wrapping on a dark blank always use NCP thread in the lighter colors are an underwrap and always apply two coats of CP and wait a full 48 hours before applying any finish.

If you want to overwrap with a lighter colored regular thread, then first apply a layer of size A NCP in a light color as your first overwrap. Apply two coats of CP and one thin coat of finish. Wait 48 hours and wrap on the regular colored thread. Then apply two coats of CP and two thin coats of finish to complete the wraps.