Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wellstep

Any word on Albies?

Rate this topic

174 posts in this topic

I hate when someone shows up with a group of 3 or 4 people and 12 rodss. makes me want to get the snips out. If you cant catch with one rod the other 6 thrown in the same spot probably arent gonna have better luck.

We probably bumped into each other! I talked to just about everybody I passed who wasn't carrying a 5 gallon bucket and 9 rods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericfromwarren View Post

I hate when someone shows up with a group of 3 or 4 people and 12 rodss. makes me want to get the snips out. If you cant catch with one rod the other 6 thrown in the same spot probably arent gonna have better luck.

Its more funny to me than anything else. These dudes show up with rigs that look like they are going out for Mako Sharks! They roll out onto the jetty with bundles of these huge rods and reels but they are pulling out 7 inch fish all day! Cracks me up.

I will take a keeper bass or flounder if I am fishing bait and have the means to keep it fresh, but all those little scup seem like they would be more work than its worth.

It kind of sucked this morning though. They were all out at the end of the wall overcrowding it. Sometimes I like to try the very tip between the channel. A lot of fish seem to move  through there. These guys could have been catching the scup right where you get on the jetty just as easily. It was so crowded at the end that I couldnt even go there. I dont get why they feel the need to walk all the way out there.

To each his own though!

Albies in RI today - both AM and PM. Don't waste your time fishing spots without bait. Bay anchovies stacked by the thousands in a few select spots. Albies were within a tail stroke of shore but never got close enough.

Water quality is ****. That's the biggest obstacle right now.

Tomorrow is another day. Hit it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albieaddict View Post

Albies in RI today - both AM and PM. Don't waste your time fishing spots without bait. Bay anchovies stacked by the thousands in a few select spots. Albies were within a tail stroke of shore but never got close enough.

Water quality is ****. That's the biggest obstacle right now.

Tomorrow is another day. Hit it!

Thats nice to hear but they most certainly were not at the WW today.

Spent the Am from Scarborough and all around the Refuge no sign of anything that I saw at all any clarification on where people spotted them would be great. So far pulled one Bonito off of Block a Month ago and one last week off Charleston last year by this time I was pushing a few dozen Albies. It has been crazy last week ran into a pod of dolphins 2 miles east of Scarborough. I am not seeing much bait and I think that is the major issue compared to past seasons!

Spent the Am from Scarborough and all around the Refuge no sign of anything that I saw at all any clarification on where people spotted them would be great. So far pulled one Bonito off of Block a Month ago and one last week off Charleston last year by this time I was pushing a few dozen Albies. It has been crazy last week ran into a pod of dolphins 2 miles east of Scarborough. I am not seeing much bait and I think that is the major issue compared to past seasons!

It is a problem accross the board. :(

I will be out for the last of the outgoing and the incoming today and all day tomorrow. They should still show but I'm already considering starting up at night. I usually don't pick up bass tackle until October but might be an early start this year. Also, still no sign of them at my old haunts in NJ. The boat guys aren't even getting them down there. Usually theyre into the well by now. It has been very warm until recently, bay temps are only beginning to to drop now, almost two weeks later than usual for that some still have hope.

I will be out for the last of the outgoing and the incoming today and all day tomorrow. They should still show but I'm already considering starting up at night. I usually don't pick up bass tackle until October but might be an early start this year. Also, still no sign of them at my old haunts in NJ. The boat guys aren't even getting them down there. Usually theyre into the well by now. It has been very warm until recently, bay temps are only beginning to to drop now, almost two weeks later than usual for that some still have hope.

Yeah, the one thing a lot of people are forgetting is how everything seems about two weeks behind throughout the entire year. I thought the warmer temps would offset that, but maybe not