Any word on Albies?

Rate this topic

wellstep

Quick question:

Due to a few extra rink shifts it looks like Sunday the 28th will be the first chance to head down to that area with Colin my 17yo. It looks like a 350am high tide. I know my experiences at the cape this should work out for bass/blues but what about the albies? I would imagine the bait flushing out of the pond should get things going IF the fish are there.

I was thinking of hitting the beach first, walking towards the wall.....plugging along the way.

Thanks guys

Quick question:

Due to a few extra rink shifts it looks like Sunday the 28th will be the first chance to head down to that area with Colin my 17yo. It looks like a 350am high tide. I know my experiences at the cape this should work out for bass/blues but what about the albies? I would imagine the bait flushing out of the pond should get things going IF the fish are there.

I was thinking of hitting the beach first, walking towards the wall.....plugging along the way.

Thanks guys

Best time to be there is when the water is moving - regardless of high or low tide (although to be honest, I have a slight preference for a higher stage in the tide)

Quick question:

Thanks guys

Get your priorities straight, will ya Bill !! Have the wife run the zamboni :p

Nothing today. Woke up at 5:30, got onto the wall at about 7ish. Fished for about an hour or two but the tide was all the way down... Hung out at the peer for a little bit to take a break, went back out in the afternoon as the tide was about half way back up thinking it might possibly bring in some fish... NOTHING. I was blind casting a deadly dick the whole time up and down the wall along the 3rd stretch. I think the scup must have eaten all the albies or something cause the place was loaded with them.

No blues or bass at all either. I didnt see ANY bait in the water. I talked to a bunch of dudes with fly gear and they all said there has been no sign of the albies or bonito yet this season. I think we need a good storm to churn everything up. I know the albies especially like it when the water is choppy. It was pretty flat today. I have been hearing a lot of reports about them being all around BI but I aint going out there.

I might head back down next weekend...

Nothing today. Woke up at 5:30, got onto the wall at about 7ish. Fished for about an hour or two but the tide was all the way down... Hung out at the peer for a little bit to take a break, went back out in the afternoon as the tide was about half way back up thinking it might possibly bring in some fish... NOTHING. I was blind casting a deadly dick the whole time up and down the wall along the 3rd stretch. I think the scup must have eaten all the albies or something cause the place was loaded with them.

No blues or bass at all either. I didnt see ANY bait in the water. I talked to a bunch of dudes with fly gear and they all said there has been no sign of the albies or bonito yet this season. I think we need a good storm to churn everything up. I know the albies especially like it when the water is choppy. It was pretty flat today. I have been hearing a lot of reports about them being all around BI but I aint going out there.

I might head back down next weekend...

I was there this morning until about 7:30 - 8:00 AM...other than one lone schoolie (caught on an albie snax unweighted soft plastic), my luck was the same as yours...I didn't see any bait and the water was a bit mucked up (especially on the outside/ocean facing side of the jetty)

PS - I also talked to the various fishermen who were obviously out after some bones and/or albies and heard the same talk you did