Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stewie

Old School color help

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

I need suggestions for colors for a Honey 1215M conventional.It will have bright stainless framed hardloy guides. Any ideas?

My fav combo for the honey blanks is the old garnet/gold/black color scheme. Garnet underwraps, gold band in the middle and at the ends of the wraps, black over wraps with maybe a single gold band inlaid. My favorite stick has this color scheme and so do most of my persoanl rods. It really just looks great. icon14.gif

Green and black variegated under wrap with chestnut brown or black overwrap gold trim bands and inlaid.That new Gudebrod olive green would look sweet over a brown under wrap with gold bands also. Will post pic If I can find one

I just took a look at the collection of old Lamis collecting dust in my basement - the best looking ones have black wraps with gold and red trim wraps - not my bag, but still pretty sharp icon14.gif

Is garnet red? There seems to be a concensus here. I was thinking black and red, but I think you guys are right black,red and gold it is. Unless my builder shows me a combination I can't refuse. Billy, I did consider peach for a second, but I think it would hurt my eyes in the daytime biggrin.gif

White First Aid tape, Flex Coat and a couple days in the sun....classic old school! biggrin.gif

Black under, the green/black, maroon/black Holland over...silver trim. Roys B+T style two foot chevron with the crazy woven turn at the top.

See you soon.

I took that old honey Lamiglas blank that I pulled out of the trash and gave it to B-Brothers through Capt. Don's. I told him I wanted simple and traditional. We settled on black underwrap with red over. Looks good to me.