Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeff Morris

Allstar 1328 Update?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Anybody know if these blanks are available yet? In an earlier thread, it was mentioned that a prototype was being worked on.

Would the rating be the same as the 1208? The 1208 (at 10') is my favorite stick, so of course I need it at 11' as well.

Thanks, Jeff

I tried out the 1328 and the 1389; both awsome sticks. In a moment of weakness, I bought a kit to build the 1389. I am trying to justify a 1328 but I just built a 1267. Good luck.

Tom

Duck

Aren't they just awesome sticks? Those rods have such as great action to them nice firm butt section. And they have a very parabolic action, beginning just above the handle throughout the mid section, and a (med) fast tip. The 1328's are just an incredible plugging rods at 11' those rods almost cast themselves. I too like the 1389 for the open beaches very versatile rods Regards Big Dave

[ 02-08-2004, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Big Dave ]

At that length, the 132-2 is sort of the gold standard in a plug rod. Big Dave (glad you're well enough to be talking and posting, BTW) what's your take on how they compare?

Hi Brian, And Thanks for the well wishes, it's been a tuff start to the year for me. But better now than in the summer. How about I do this! I'll let you be the Judge. Anytime you're at the ditch your welcome to do a comparison for yourself. I am in no way knocking the Lami; I have used and owned many. I find that lami's in general have that very soft, slow to respond action to them. I think they're a capable rod. They are very forgiving to the general fishermen that doesn't have a very good casting technique. When I cast them, they tend to be unable to keep up with me when I hit them hard. Meaning they are slow to recover resulting in less than expected performance. If I don't hit the cast as hard they do quite well. Sort of a getting used to thing I guess. But they are not what I like in a rod. As for the All-Stars they are able to recover so quickly and keep up to me. They have that really addicting crisp feeling to them. They truly deliver all the power you put into them. The 1328/2 still maintains a parabolic action, which you might expect to be slow, but it's not at all. Like I said anytime you're at the ditch and you want to ring out a few sticks for plugging, give me a heads up. I have quite a few of my gold standards that will bring a big smile to you. Best Regards Big Dave

[ 02-09-2004, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: Big Dave ]

Bob You need to see some of this stuff. I won't go into it on this thread, but am going to have some rather interesting rod write ups coming soon Best Regards Big Dave

They are great rods.

I was fishing the Outer Banks about a month ago when I spent some time at Hatteras Jacks trying out the 1389. The fishing was really poor so I decided to spend some time with tackle.

I had two sessions with the 1389 and probably cast a hundred casts with it. The last day I cast it side-by-side with a breakaway 1508. I was casting a 10 oz weight and 5 1/4 oz tournament. I could get a 10 oz close to a hundred yards out there and that was with a slight head wind. It cast quite a bit farther with the slighter weight. At all times if kept up with the longer 1508. The rod had plenty of power but it was very light and easy on the body to cast.

It will cast 8 and bait but also sling a 4 oz crippled herring out of sight. I realize there is no single rod for all needs, but the versatility of 1389 is very impressive. Its kinda like a super loomis 1448 but lighter with more power.

I don't think I have every gotten as exited about a fishing rod as the 1389. (Hmmm, maybe I got just as exited about the conoflex gambit XLXT).

Tom