Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Softhackle

Sb 1363 m

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Hello Folks, How do you guy's have your 1363m setup if you have one? What type of fishing are you doing with it? I just got my honey beauty and I know I need to cut it back. I would like to fish large popper's, needle fish and heavy jigs. I know it will be a spinning rod with a reel that has a large diameter spool. I will fish 20-25lb mono or 65lb power pro depending on how the power pro works out with slow moving plugs. I read the prior post that suggest's Fuji High Frame in Hardaloy or SIC 40HH, 30H, 25H, 20H, 20H, 20M, 20M and an SIC tip with a #20 ring. I would like to cut the rod back to 10 ft to 10.5 What end are you guys cutting from and how many guides are you using on a shorter version of the 1363m. Thanks for any help, Bruce Fsher.

Ken It was nice talking to you to, someday will will take the hike from Squiby to Dog Fish... It looks like everyone is out fishing, I will have to wait a few days to get some reply's. Good luck fishing talk to you later.

One configuration that Ditch Jigger recommends often is 4 off the tip and 8 off the butt...that'll leave ya 10 1/2'. For bigger stuff I'd think maybe 6 off the tip and 6 off the butt might work out pretty well. Personally, my 136 3M (blem) that I wrapped didn't survive long enough for me to get a real good feel for how it would handle plugs/jigs. I threw bait with it and found it to be a wonderful blank for that smile.gif

I also did mine in conventional so I'm still no help to ya! wink.gif

TimS

Tim thanks for the input. I hope the other boys will jump in on this one. I know a few of them have this blank they must be busy catching linesides. Ps: The smilin Bills worked great at the vineyard this year, you tie them up real nice. I should have got a few more of the 3-5 oz variety. The squid were thick out in the rips and holes.