Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassAssasin

Epoxy

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Just started to build a rod and have placed the reel seat Butt and fore grip. I got a little epoxy on the reel seat, noticable only to me most likely. Any suggestions on removing it, it is only a small amount but I am building the rod for my father so I don't want any blemishes. Thanks for the help.

On the odd chance this is work-in-progress question that needs immediate attention, I'll take the liberty of jumping in for Al. If the epoxy's still tacky, you can work it off with any number of solvents... acetone, lacquer thinner, or isoproyl alcohol. If it's set and cured, there's not much I can offer. A drip can sometimes be carefully flaked off with a knife; smears and fingerprints are going to be very tough to deal with, I'm afraid. Maybe Al has some tricks up his sleeve.

[This message has been edited by Bill Klein (edited 01-26-2001).]

Bill offered the right solution. If it has not cured yet then solvent will usually get it off. If it has cured in a little lump, it can gently heated with a heat gun and carefully chipped off. Other then that, I can't offer any other suggestions.

Al