Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tightloops2

Filling Cork

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

How bad does it look? I just leave them there and put a coat of Cork Sealer on it. If the Cork looks that bad, buy better cork next time.

You could mix a batch of cork dust & I think Duco cement (may not be Duco, but I think anything similar to Airplane model glue) Mix together, fill in holes, lightly sand.

I don't do this, I'm just regurgitating stuff I've read, so I may be off.

Get a bottle of Elmer's wood glue. It has a yellow color to it. Make a paste of the Elmer's glue and cork dust. I just take a spare cork ring and use a file file to turn it into dust. The paste should be not too wet.

Mix the paste and apply it to the grips wearing a disposable latex glove. Apply the paste to the grip and using your thumb work the paste into the holes. Let it dry for two days to fully cure and then sand smooth starting with medium drywall screen and then 400 grit paper.

Repeat the process if there are still holes that are not completely filled.

Billy,

Basically your right, I should have purchased the best quality cork I can get my hands on. For a learning experience this will do.

I'm pretty happy with the shape of the grip. The gaps that you do not see in the cork ring are the ones that get you.

Al I'll give the wood/cork dust a try. I'm sure there's a couple of spots that will look a little nicer.

Thanks for both your input.