Help Al

Rate this topic

bassmaster

Thanks Im advance, The rod is a GSB 120 1L

I want to cut it down to 9.5 feet.

Will that be comfortable for 500 cast nights.

Plugs only..

Will It affect casting?

Am I better going to 9 feet?

Could I have spacing Please At 9 and a half feet and size of guides.If You think That is a good lenth??? 9 or 9 1/2.

I could not find the info I asked for last Year , sorry I got to get going on this and another xra1083. Just sitting for months on end.

Thanks Al.

Dave......

Plug Ho!

bassmaster_skunk.gif

Al - whatever you give this guy to help him, I'd like some too. We both need the help.

Dave - don't you hate it when you see aresponse to your question, and open it only to find out the question never got answered. 4,000 posts worth of that, huh.

I'm not the only Freek!

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

BM,

You can easily trim six inches off the butt without any problems. You may loose some distance with the shorter rod however.

Please refer to Basshole's current post on the same blank and his building experience. Nothing like experience as the best teacher.

If you still need more info i will be happy to give it to you.

Al

Thanks Al......

Billy go lay down......( I help More than You know Bubba)now quit pickin on Mewink.gif

Al I read that post Be fore I put this post Up.

Im just ??? on guides and spaceing for a 9 and a half footer. It seems to Me at 10 feet the rod Might kill My Back. along time ago You gave Me guides and spaceing. Now Im thinking 40 stripper, I would like to put a tica reel on it with #14 fire line.

Normally I just go figure My spacing My stress testing, But I want this to Be a sweet stick and its a great blank, Due to alot of guys having one.....

So any info for the 9.5 footer would Be great.... Can I go 40 stripper on down. I use a 20 Ring Tip always did and always will.

I need this rod to throw far....

what is Your point of view for plugging with a 10 footer VS a 9 or 9.5 footer???

I think the 6" will make it perfect for pluggin.

Whats Your take???

Thanks in advance...

[This message has been edited by bassmaster (edited 01-25-2002).]

Plug Ho!

bassmaster_skunk.gif

BM,

At 500 casts a night I would make this rod as light as possible. Therefore, if trimming the blank will help cut down on your fatigue then do it.

I would go with the with the Fuji high frame in the following sizes: 40HH, 30H, 25H, 25M and 20M plus the 20 ring tip.

Rough spacing would be 35-40 inches from the face of the reel spool to the stripper guide and 8 inches from the #20 to the tip top.

Do a stress distribution test and test casting to determine the final guide positions.

Al