Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
connman

Shoe size

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

The surfcaster has always requested shoe size in the custom rod selection guide .

Just what exactly would shoe size have to do with customizing a rod ?

I have heard it said that the size of a guys rod can be estimated by the size of his feet. confused.gifsmile.gif

I haven't got the faintest idea what shoe size has to do with rod selection.

That has always puzzled me too.

I have a Crack 300 up there now, I'll try to remember to ask Doug when I talk to him again.

But I'm betting someone here will know the answer.

I dunno. I used to order stuff from them, but, I can't seem to get them to send me a catalog anymore cwm13.gif I'd go to a local builder long before I mail ordered a custom rod. HappyWave.gif

The size of your hand is consistent with shoe size for 95% of the population. Look for charts, they are available smile.gif .

Ed , then why don't they just ask hand size ? With hand size are they going to customize the diameter of the grip , which might make sense .

My guess would be most people don't know their hand size off the top of their head, but if you ask then shoe size they might know smile.gif .

It's not an uncommon question when getting a custom set of golf clubs made up. And grip size is why they ask.

When I was 16 years old , I was 6' 2" tall and had the same size hands I do today , my feet were size 9 1/2. Now I'm the same height , same hands , feet are size 12!.

Some guys with big hands want thin handles (me) some guys with small hands want fat handles. If you want to know what a customer wants for a handle , you should ask him "what size handle you want"....not what size shoes do you wear!! smile.gif