Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SeaIsleMike

Decorative Wrap Help Needed

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I am doing a fish crooswrap and I am stuck on the tail. I am using the RodCrafters Journal Vol.24 - #3. For anyone refering to the RodCrafters Journal I have completed through step 8 with no problem. Step 9 says to skip 4 thread spaces to the left and add a crossing thread of a different color, did that. My problem is I can figure out the sequences after that. In the illustrations they show the 4 thread space get filled in a few steps down the line but I can't figure out how. I know this description of my problem is pretty vague. I also can't figure out how to do the gradual curve in the tail. I realize this is asking a lot but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello Mike,

I am traveling on business right now. I will be home on Wednesday and check my wrapping reference material. From what I remember, you need to go "plus one" thread out each time you do a wrap to get the curve in the tail.

I will send you all the info.

Hope to see you in Freeport.

Al

What you are now doing is wrapping the tail. You wrap the body color toward the rest of the body and wrap the tail/background color away from the body. For example, having wrapped the dark thread below the body, wrap another body color thread adjacent to it. This is the first of the last four threads to fill in the space. Now wrap two background threads below the first one (wrap them one at a time). Then add the second of the last four body color threads next to the previous one. Now wrap three background threads (one at a time)adjacent to the previous ones. Wrap the next-to-last body thread adjacent to the previous one. Wrap 4 background threads one at a time. You should see the tail beginning to curve. Now wrap the last body color thread in the remaining space. You may have to pack some threads to do this. Now wrap 5 background threads one at a time and you are done with the bottom of the fish. If you still have any room between the two sets of body threads you could put in another thread and then wrap 6 background threads for a wider tail. Now pack all of the body threads together, being sure to keep the intersections in a straight line. The fish is my favorite wrap!

I hope this helps.

Hugh Miller