Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pbadad

NEED Old honey LAMI blank specs

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I was given a honey Lami blank rod.It has an old numerical model #.1165 It's seem like the sb136 blanks. It got to be 25 yrs. old. I stripped the guides and cork tape and found the number on the bottom of the blank. I'm thinking of cutting it back to 10' for pencils and eels. Would you think this blank is still fishable w/o breaking? The tip seems to be an #11 or #12 and the butt mikes 1.600.

------------------

BillyD

BillyD, your 1165 is currently designated the SB1363M, one of the most popular and versatile fiberglass blanks ever made, and still in production. It would indeed be just about 25 years old at a minimum, as it was the mid-seventies when the model designations changed to those currently in use. Long as it's had no undue abuse over the years it should still be plenty fishable. You sure that butt didn't read out at 1.06? That would be correct for this blank.

B.K. Thanks for the reply. The blank butt is 1.060. I was too qk with the finger. I want to cut down this blank. It has good whip to it at 138" but this is longer than I would like and it is front heavy with 7500 Nautil on. I was thinking of 10'6" or 10'. What's your opinion on either length in regards to butt power and lure wt.ie;1.5oz-4oz. plugs? This will be mainly used w/mono. A 50,40,30,25,20 guide set up w/#20 ring tip.

------------------

BillyD

thats a pissa blankicon14.gif Im down to My last one, I cut Mine down to 9'10" seems to come out at. with the tip going to a 16 or a 14 i think and some cut of the Butt, I use this for Big wood and live herring in conv icon14.gif

Have one in spinning tosmile.gif