Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MJPonticel

Messed up on the number of the blank

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

WorcBoy, it is the SB1363M,in black, I have a couple already in the honey, not rated the same as this one. I have a nine and a ten and this blank is eleven six, rated for 4 to 8oz. Salt, I hope this helps in getting me close to the approximate distance from the reel seat to the first guide, and then the spacing required for four other guides. I think I'm close but I just wanted the experts opinion before I start placing the guides, and test casting. I'm starting out with a 50,then going to a 40,30,25,and a 20, and also a 20 for the tip. If these need to be corrected plase let me know. Thanks for any help that you might be able to provide. Mike

Put the 50 guide 40 inches from the reel seat. I don't know the butt length. Give me that and i can give you the other guide spacing and whether to use 5 or 6 guides

I bet even BM could not break that blank.......

That blank in honey un-cut is a great bait rod.

Cut it from the butt to make a good plugging stick.

Salt, the middle of the reel seat is 25" from the butt. Thanks for getting back to me with the distance needed for the first guide, before I do anything else I'll wait for your input. Again thanks Mike

Try this and the follow with a stress test to see if good. Distances are from the tip.

#16 at 7 1/4 , #20 at 15 3/4 , #25 at 26 , #30 at 38 1/2 , #40 at 53 1/4 , #50 at 71.

This should be close enough to get you started. Do the stress test to determine the final positions.

Salt,,thanks,,,since I have the same blank waiting to be wrapped,I think I'll try your #s too.What was or is the overall length of the rods you have in that blank?????And are they cut from the tip or the butt or both??Thanks again.

Salt, the numbers you sent were right on, stress test and casting test went great, now to wrap the guides on to the blank. Nhten, let me know how you make out with the rod. Thanks for all your help. Mike