Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jon2465

the best guides

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

hi all

im going to have a new 1204 built this winter (spinning) and would welcome all suggestions as to,brand,size and general opions on which brand and type is the best.A vs200 with 40lb. pp will live on it i plan to plug only with it.

thnx in advance ps money no object

Fuji ICMNSG.

If you are going to get Fuji SIC, you are better off getting Fuji Alconites, they have teh same exact frames, different rings, and are about 30% cheaper. The SIC ring material is not worth the money.

Fuji ICMNSG.If you are going to get Fuji SIC, you are better off getting Fuji Alconites, they have teh same exact frames, different rings, and are about 30% cheaper. The SIC ring material is not worth the money.

He didn't say anything about cost (although I bet it matters)...he asked what were the best.

I use SIC cause I can afford them and, I like the oooohs and ahhhhhs I get from my friends wink.gif (but I honestly can't tell the differance)

I'm pondering the same issue. Do I stick with my orginal paln and go SIC or cross over to Alconites? Money isn't an issue but I don't want to spend it for nothing.

The rods a RS 1418 conventional for use with 20# mono and or 30# braid.

Thankd

have you looked into the forecast guides by batson (rainshadow) nice looking guides but not sure about durability. you can get them with silver, gold, or blue rings and either black or silver frames.

I just ordered some and the quality looks good but I havent installed any yet. They claim the feet are preground but I think they still need to be shaped a little.

gary

Where do they sell T-Low Rider Cermets? They arent' made, but Titanum SIC's can be had.

Price wasnt' an issue, that's why I said ICMNSG's are better than regular MNSG's. If you can afford SIC's, that's great, why not afford ICMNSG's, you won't get oohs and aahs. you'll get WWTF's? because nobody ieven knows what they are. FWIW, I am ordering IGMNSG's (Gold NSG's with Titanium coating), just for the bling blignng effect.

Seahunter -= get tehj Alconites. There is absolutely NO ADVANTAGE regardless of what anyone says in using SIC over Alconites. If anyone disputes it, either here or in real life - please let me know and I will set the record straight by askign a few questions which you'll see what is worth it or not yuorself.

There is absolutely NO ADVANTAGE regardless of what anyone says in using SIC over Alconites. If anyone disputes it, either here or in real life - please let me know and I will set the record straight by askign a few questions which you'll see what is worth it or not yuorself.

Ya wanna have a debate tough guy??

I'll shave your head...

Oh s**t, too late!! biggrin.gif

I thought I just saw LRs in Gold Cermet...

I'll have to look again. redface.gif

Nope, they don't, as there is ABSOULTELY no reason to. They do make TI Low Rider's though, which make sense since the frames NEVER rust, althoug SIC is still a total waste. Trust me on what Fuji has in their catalouge, I'm placeing another order on Monday.