Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
freddy

New Rod and Reel

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Recieved the new set-up today.....After a lot of research from this site, and talking to many people who build and fish with the Rainshadow 1509, I decided that this was the rod for me. Had Wayne in Virginia Beach do it for me and it is a beauty. When I spoke to Tres about the new Rainshadows he told me, light weight, casts great, 8nbaitplus "SWEET" rod. Have the customized 525 mag from HO to go on it and will be on the beach soon. Thank you all for the advice and lol this fall.... Ted biggrin.gif

1509 was the first heaver I built, I casted a buddys and it flew farther than mine. I couldnt figure why until he told me he put a 6oz. sinker in the butt. It goes against all i knew about rod building but it worked. I Still cant bring myself to add weight tho.

2ct.

ps. I bet he put he put a 3oz. in yours.

Congrats...

Never thought about the weight in the butt section since first conventional, will ask Wayne and Tres about it, good food for thought. I guess I'll find out soon enough,hope to do a little practice over the weekend, and if worse comes to worse I will take plenty of extra line with me to the beach. redface.gif

"I will take plenty of extra line"

Well you have come this far so... Put a band of masking tape around spool. then load on #20 fireline as backing.(spider to no-name knot) It will last for years and give you a ton of line capacity. when the mono wears out or you blow it up, just replace the mono on top. saves money in the long run...

2ct.