Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cool Hand Fluke

Attaching, then wrapping Single Foots

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Dental rubber bands.

Wire ties from a loaf of bread, or garbage bag.

Flex Coat guide adhesive, but you have to be careful not to put too much, and to make sure the guides are almost perfectly aligned because they MAY be hard ot move to line up.

Billy,

I've used the flexcoat guide adhesive in a single foot application, and final adjustment was my initial fear, but I found no difficulty in adjusting the guides after wrapping, so long as a minimal amount of the adhesive is used as you said. Actually, if your reel seat and tip top are fixed on the rod, you can do an awfully good job of prealigning the guides as you fasten them with the guide foot adhesive. I used a piece of braid stretched tight from the midline of the reel seat to the tip top as my alignment guide.

Ralph78

Me too I like thin pre-cut strips of masking tape.

Saltheart

The only worry I have with using ties is the actual removal as you wrap up the guide foot. How easy is it to cut off the tie without damaging the blank or screwing up the wrap. I am interested as the masking tape solution has it's problems to especially on small dia blanks.

Mike O.

i think the thin strips of spinner skirt material works very good.i do 2 wraps around the blank and tie the knot.then slip the guide foot right under it.wrap up close to it.then touch it with my sharp razor and it usually flies out of the way.