Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pastormarty

8'6 Triflex vs. All Star 1085-2

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Greetings,

I have no experience with the Lami tri-flex but I have both the Allstar 1085-2 and the 1145-2. Both are good rods, I find the 1085 to be a faster action rod with alot of power good for 3/4-3 oz. It can lob 4 but you are pushing it. It is a great plugging rod and it is what I carry in the car with me at all times.

Funny you should mention your daughter because I had the 1145 wrapped for my daughter, 9 years old. I think it is a better choice for her (my daughter) as it is more moderate in action and more forgiving on the cast. It plugs well and is a decent light bait rod. It is light enough that small fish bend the rod but and has more than enough backbone for bigger fish. She can throw 1oz plugs good and can also fish a 3oz pyramid sinker and a good sized chunk when she gets bored with plugging. She can cast it quite well and since I had it built without a reelseat it will grow with her as the reel position is movable.

Best regards,

Mark

I guess it depends on your daughters age and ability. If she's big say 15 and a very good caster , the 1085. If she's smaller and newer to the game , I think she'd prefer the more moderate action of the triflex.