Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bummy

IGFA

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Bummy,

The standard 80# trolling rods with a unibutt meet IGFA standards. It's when you get into the real short stand-up stuff that is a problem in meeting IGFA requirements. I will make a copy of the tackle section of the IGFA book and send it to you.

Any questions just email me direct.

Looking forward to seeing you in Allentown.

Best,

Al

Al, to save you some postage below is a link to the IGFA web site to the page that contains a PDF file of the IGFA Rules book: http://www.igfa.org/rulebook/index.html

Below is a cut & paste of the rule that applies to rods for those that can't get the PDF file:

E. ROD

1. Rods must comply with sporting ethics and customs. Considerable latitude is allowed in the choice of a rod, but rods giving the angler an unfair advantage will be disqualified. This rule is intended to eliminate the use of unconventional rods.

2. The rod tip must be a minimum of 40 inches (101.6 cm) in length. The rod butt cannot exceed 27 inches (68.58 cm) in length. These measurements must be made from a point directly beneath the center of the reel. A curved butt is measured in a straight line. (The above measurements do not apply to surf casting rods.)

My rod building supply company www.mudhole.com and myself belong to IGFA and I would encourage everyone to join it. They newer kids program is just great to get younger people hooked on fishing at an early age. Read more about IGFA at there web site www.igfa.org (check out some fishing records while your there).

Regards,

Tom McNamara

Mud Hole Custom Tackle

"Rod Building Supply & Custom Tackle"