Wading boots recommendation?

Rate this topic

WickedStriper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Guru View Post

screw in studs like Wearbars and INS products are extremely easy to install, and don't really wear down from long walks. the tungsten carbide tips are harder than the pavement you're walking on. i go with 35-40 per boot.

I checked and these studs are like $1 a pop.  That seems like a lot.  I can get a new Korker studded sole for $30.  Whats the replacement cycle on your studs, cause if they last less than 3 years, it would be worth it for me to buy a new Korker sole every year.

Wicked,

I started using wearbars - depending on your weight they will start to bend. Depending on where/how hard you fish you'll likely lose a few every few outings - especially as they get older. I started using grip studs this season - 14 per boot - haven't lost any as of yet. They will lean but that is natural to the way you walk/stand. Even leaning they still maintain contact with rocks. All my experience is with felt soles.

DZ

What size shoe are you?  I told you there were some deals on eBay.  

As far as the "grip studs" they got a great write up in SJ.  The first time you buy them they have an install tool that you should get.  All you need is a drill and the install is not hard.

If the Korkers are the way you want to go.  I have seen some home made options that you can do to the felt sole so you have an extra studded sole (i.e. Stainless screws, lock-nuts and washers)