Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frenchy1

WTS Kayak package: Hobie Outback S.U.V./Malibu Mini-X/Kayak Trailer

20 posts in this topic

After sitting on the trailer, covered under a 5mil heavy duty tarp for almost 2 years, my wife and I have decided to sell the kayaks. With a 14 month old son, work, and college full time, there just isn't time for us to use them right now. We used them 3 times in the bay, and 3 times in fresh water. That's it.

I will keep this listing as an entire package for now. If necessary, I will split at a later time.

Bear with me as this will be a lenghty listing due to the amount of equipment that will be included.

First up is a 2006 or 2007 (guy I bought it from didn't remember) Hobie Outback SUV with Mirage drive, The mirage drive fins have been upgraded to the "Turbo" style. I do not have the original fins. I did install the sailing rudder, and I do have the original. I also installed pedal weights to keep the drive pedals vertical, and have a brand new set of foot straps that are still in the package. Also included will be the factory Hobie paddle, Hobie PFD, and factory installed seat. I did purchase a used "Surf to Summit" high backed seat, and will include that with the kayak as well. I also installed an Eagle Cuda 300 fish finder on a Ram ball mount on the right side of the kayak. The transducer is installed inside the hull. I'll also throw in a home made kayak cart that completely disassembles to fit inside the hull. Dimensions are: 12ft long, 33" wide, 69 lbs with drive installed, and has a capacity of 400lbs. The only complaint I have about this kayak is the rudder deployment system. It is the older "lever" style handle, and it requires some assistance to lower the rudder. The bungee system works, i.e. handle rotates all the way but the rudder doesn't always flip down on it's own. It does come up without a problem though. Other than that, it has some typical hull scratching from landing, but no major scratches that I can see. The inside of the hull is clean with no cracks that I can see.

Second up is a Malibu Mini-X. This was my wife's kayak. We bought it used, so we are unsure of the year. It came bare, so we added a "Crack of Dawn" high back seat, and bought an Aqua Bound 230cm carbon fiber shaft paddle, both included. This kayak is 9 feet long, 33.5" wide, and weighs in at a whopping 35 lbs. Weight capacity is 325lbs. This kayak is in great shape with some minor scratches on the bottom of the hull from landings.

Third up is the trailer. It is a modified Venture boat trailer that is registered as "home made". I removed the bunks and had a piece of square tubing installed down the middle. I mounted 2ea custom made stainless steel uprights with adjustable arms. It is capable of holding 3 kayaks. I also installed a lockable pick-up truck tool box to store all the gear in. I also installed new fenders and LED lighting 2 years ago. Everything works as advertised. I will throw in a trailer dolly to push or pull the trailer around with

Lastly, I will throw in 2 pair of Bomber Gear kayak mitts for use in the colder temps.

With this entire package, you can leave my driveway, and go right to the water and fish...minus the rods.

Total price for everything is $2200, cash or certified check. Paypal may be an option, but fees will be added. I may have forgotten something, and if I did, I will add to the listing. Thanks for looking.

Ryan1000

Ok guys, I'll split the kayaks.

Price for the hobie and all accessories, including 1 pair of bomber gear mitts, extra seat, fish finder, and the cart: $1400.

Price for the malibu mini-x, paddle, 1 pair of mitts. and seat: $550.

Price for trailer: $400.

would the top rack of the trailer be able to hold another outback?

I don't see why it wouldn't. I had the fabricator weld a nut in the cross bar and install a bolt with a "t" handle on it so it could be adjusted up and down. I've put a lot of my own body weight on the top racks to see if they slide down and they didn't. But I'll throw the equivalent weight of the outback on the racks when I get home and let you know how it holds.

Well, I couldn't find anything of equivalent weight so I put my entire body weight on the cross bar. I weigh 320lbs, and all the bar did was rock to the side with more weight. It didn't slide down at all. The way the rack is designed causes a little bit of play. I took 2 pictures of what it looks like up close with weight on one side, and then weight on both sides. The bottom pic is with the weight of only 1 kayak. Top pic is weight on both sides. 1000[/img] 1000

Every accessory in this package fits in the box, including both paddles and the mirage drive. Both paddles split at the middle. The hobie is a click/lock push button type, and the aqua bound is a plug and twist knob. Both can be rotated to change blade angle.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0