SOL Rod Building Fling 2006 - NJ Style

Rate this topic

Billy 40

Can a newbie, know-nothing about wrapping rods fool show up with beer, food, a blank and supplies and perhaps walk out with the seat and grips done, maybe a few guides, by his own hand??

confused.gif

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

Bump for catching da Billy's eye...

Thanks. The original plan was to try and get a place to hold quite qa few builders. The Food Fling location was recommended, but the cost to rent the space is going to require a large amount of people to attend & a fee for each. I made one contact while in Charlotte who said he might have a place to meet at further South NJ.

Since I'm not familiar wiht NJ at all, I'll see what he says and go from there. My time is very limited right now (and has been for several weeks) - so if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appricated.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

My fishing club rents the Taylor pavillion for our Xmas party every year. It's right on the boardwalk in Belmar, and about the same size as the Food Fling site. I think the cost is under $100 but you have to supply everything yourself, including tables and chairs.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

If it's still the 25th I'm out -- she who must be obeyed just booked a trip to VT for us that weekend. That doesn't suck, but it's not like learning to wrap rods from B40 et alia! HappyWave.gif

BILLy 40 HappyWave.gif

Is Staten Island out of the question? It seems centralized enough to me (only cus' I live here). Seriously wouldn't it be just as easy to find some where here and not have travel. I don't know if that works for everyone confused.gif but just a sugestion. If you need me to do some leg work let me know and I'll check the prices of the VFW's in the area.

Rod Building is an addiction, the N.E.R.B.S. help feed that addiction.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not going to happen, but I will work with Sudsy on putting this together at a more convenient time next year. I have been given 2 sugestions for an affordable place to meet - thank you SUdsy and Ben Lippen. I've been too busy to coordinate this with such short notice, but hopefully we'll hype it up and get 50 guys for next year.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

• 4 months later...

Billy, Interested in a Fall Date? I joined a boat club that has a decent hall (w/full bar if we want that) and a kegerator for a byo keg... Two big TVs for games too. cwm12.gif