Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

SOL Rod Building Fling 2006 - NJ Style

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

I've been here 5 1/2 years, Spring Fling, Food Fling, Spring Fling, tog Fling...yet no SOL Rod Building Flings? Well, it's about time we put one together.

Date - TBA. I would love to do it March 18 or April 8, as I have prior commitments most other weekends in March & April.

Location - Does anyone know a place in NJ where we could do this? I really need help here and woudl appreciate it if someone coudllend a hand making this happen.

What we will cover? It would be great if we could build a surf rod from scratch. Installing cork tape, shrink tubing, reel seat, wrapping guides & finishing. General Q&A about Rod Building. And of course, telling each other lies about how great we are at catching fish.

What to bring - Sense of humor & Food. If you have rods you want to bring as show & tell - by all means bring them. This is about having a good time, and learning a little bit about Rodbuilding.

The way the weather is right now, it may be a very good time to catch Bass over 25#'s on chunks in Staten Island. I have chairs to sit in, stores to buy beer from, and a bunch of people to hold my hand to show where to go and what to do. I even have a chunking rod.

I may even cede my warm cozy spot on my couch which I've been sleeping on lately....my wife may not recognize me if I slid into bed next to her. You might get a first row seat to a C.O.P.S. show, lol.

April 8th is opening of Trout Season in NJ.

Oh crap, If the Fling is on April 8th I'm out - gotta work the SRSA Spring Lake Kiddie trout tournament.