Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimA

Cabela's Guides

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Going to build one, maybe 2 rods this winter. And I just recently got a new Cabela's tackle craft catalog in the mail. Ive been going back and forth on guides ever since I decided to build the rods. I would like to put fuji SIC guides on but because of the price, I dont think its going to happen. But now I see Cabela's has their own SIC guides that are priced just slightly higher than Fuji hardloys. So have any of you had any experience with Cabela's guides? Should I take a chance or should I just stick with a good thing and go with the Fuji Hardloys with SIC tips? Both rods are going to be conventionals and I may use braid on them, dont know yet. They are both all star blanks, one will have a calcutta 400 on it and the other a penn 525mag. Thanks for you help.

The Cabela's guides are made by PacBay. I stopped using PacBay years ago since they did not hold up well.

I use Fuji guides exclusively when using rings guides and Aftco when using rollers. If you cannot justify the added cost of SIC guides then go with the Hardaloy with an SIC tip.