Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sudsy

Big thanks to Billy 40

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

For hosting a great little rod building get together. I for one picked up a lot of new information. And that wife of yours is definately a keeper - pretty, sweet, can pick up a blank and know that its for bucktailing fluke and man can she cook !

lg_smile.gif

Suds & CD- nice to meet you guys. I do apoligize for not giving more info on certain topics - if it were warm out and we could've test casted, it would've been so much easier to walk down to the beach and set the guides up while test casting.

I'm used to eating that food, so no biggie for me there, but she's nuts for making that much. IT was her idea too, I was going to let everyone starve like the last couple of times. Let's see, we had a Pernil, rice & beans, chicken wings, ribs, macaroni salad & potato salad. And she kept saing she wanted to make 2 Pernils! lol.

What I learned - once again, almost everyone I've met from the computer is A+. Belt sanders are a good thing, bench grinders are not. I am a decent rodbuilder, but excellent at ruining $50 Sorby chisels and gouges. GUSA blanks are great. FedEx sucks! I might have a hint of ADD.

I wasn't there but Billy deserves thanks for all the time and effort he spends here and elsewhere helping folks with rodbuilding info. Met him at a rodbuilding seminar Al Goldberg ran a while back and on his advice I picked up VisualWrap software that lets you create all sorts fancy butt wraps. Makes the stuff in the Clemens book "Custom Rod Thread Art" come to life.

Thanks Billy, and may the tog crush yer crabs. But didn't anyone warn ya about the people you meet with yer computer on the internet?

Steve

Elke RULES!!!!!!!!

Big Thanks as always to Billy for getting us together so we could compare notes and check out gear. A special thanks to Oz for bringing the beltsander smile.gif maybe I'll get some wrapping done this week wink.gif

Great to see some folks again and to meet some others for the first time.

gad

PS Billy, did you do the ebay thing yet? eek.gif

thanks to billy for organizing this get-together, getting like a hundred gusa blanks for us to play with, and for all the advice.

thanks to elke for such a great feast and letting billy do what he did to the garage (turn it into a rodbuilding workshop!)

it was great meeting some o you for the first time and seeing somne familiar faces!

thanks gadwall for all the help planning thoses 2 surf sticks and for the giant reelseat! im gonna cast this year, i swear.

canyondiver: great meeting you. maybe well have the chance to fish together this year. if you dont mind i want to rip off the idea for the rear grip on that thin rod you brought... i think it would be a very comfortable grip for a cod jiggin rod.

sudsy: you know youre stuff, man, even if i dont know how to collapse the handle on a 704z. lol

what a great group of people (and rods... so many tricked out rods)

only wish id gotten there sooner, 4hrs of tackle ho'ing is NOT enough.

Gamakatsu,

Save me some crumbs biggrin.gif

NYCMan, fishing? Okay, if I must! icon14.gif

Gadwall, yer a bounty of info... Shhhh, I'll never tell!

Definitely have to do a few super fancy buttwraps.

It's been so long since I have taken the time, but I think staring at all that beautiful threadwork I saw is even more relaxing on the mind than the tube redface.gif

Thanks again and a thank you to all of you who were so giving of their knowledge icon14.gif

CD

I guess I gotta get to the rod building forum more often smile.gif I like other people with ADD...keeps things interesting wink.gif

TimS