Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Al Goldberg

Weekend Plans - Build, build and build

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

This is one wekend i am staying away from the water. Every weekend warrior will be out there. We had some of them mugging us in Montauk last weekend.

I am staying down in my cool basement workshop to finish up some rods to bring out to Montauk next week. Hopefully the stripers will have settled in to their summer pattern by then.

Have a great weekend and tight lines to you who are hunting the Unicorn.

Al

It sounds like a good plan Al, It's a labor of love right heart.gifsmile.gif

I know what you mean about being mugged, i fished last fri, mon and last nite and all three times when i went onto a jetty I was ther for maybe 20 minutes by myself and then ther ais one person on either side from me?? Last nite i asked the guy if he wanted me to move to make it easier for him to reach the spot rolleyes.gif I got no reply so i told it was my fault i left my cloaking device on and i shouldn't do that at nite! smile.gif

Good luck next weekend! enjoy wrappin this weekend!

Cool shop - don't rub it in. I'm happy I can get some stuff done today thanks to the weather not being 95. No A/C is a killer.

I looked at that sunset which was very, very close to being completed, about 10 hours I put into it. After a couple of days of pondering, I finally decided to cut it off cwm23.gifcwm14.gif It didn;'t look how I thought it would, plus it didn't match the guide wraps. Oh well, at least I can get started on a different pattern, #107.

Enjoy wrapping, Billy

Billy,

I was in Brooklyn this afternoon to see Bernie and Steve, the Newell Man. Steve did some major surgery on a Newell that I use for bass fishing. He is the Stradivarius of Newell Repair and upgrading.

Have a good weekend.

Al

Ordered all my rod building materials today, cant wait to get at it. Found some rods in my basement that I will practice on before attempting to build the steelhead rod.