Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zimmy

plugging blank

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Looking for suggestions for a moderately priced plugging blank. Propably will end up with a GSB1081L, but the person I'm building for would consider something less expensive as they do not fish very often. Whatcha all think?

(1) Rainshadow 1087

(2) AmTACK /All Star "patriot" 1087

( in no particular order)

great blanks for the money. Composite blanks not all graphite.

I have both a spinner and a conventional built on the rainshadow 1087. heart.gif them both I use the conv most of the time unless the wind is just to st rng in my face. Great pluggin blanks for the money.

Hey Zimmy

Where will they be fishing and what weight and type plugs or tins? The choices stated above are all very nice blanks. I would throw into the mix an All-Star 1266 I just built one for myself and played around with it the past few days at the cape. It's really a nice setup. The chioces are many in the 9 to 10 1/2 foot range

Picked up the Patriot 1087. Seems nice...and really inexpensive. Will make it for my brother to throw bombers and tin to around 2oz. Seems well suited to this. Thanks for everyones input...

For information sake, the made in USA Batson/Rainshadow Rod Blanks are manufactured at our facility in Sequim, Washington, and is not the same as Patriot, nor any affiliation.

As we do supply many manufacturers and distributors our Rainshadow product line, as well as "private label", Patriot is not one of them.

Just want to clarify any confusion.

...just waiting for the last coat to fully cure on my Rainshadow 1087. Nice blanks ya got there Mr P. I didn't have to pick thru the whole lot for a nice straight one, quality stuff. icon14.gif

Thanks for choosing ATC's Patriot blank. They are from the former Batson plant which was All Star. I clarified with the factory that they are all graphite not a composite as we had previously thought. Awesome blanks, for the money they can't be beat at any price. Try a set of TiN/Zirconia guides on them available in four colors. SiC performance for a lot less and they're very impact resistant.

Warmest regards, Joe Meehan, American Tackle Co.