Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Linesidesonthefly

A swap like no other

Rate this topic

87 posts in this topic

I started one many years ago to help BenLippen get flies ready to be auctioned off at a Food Fling. I believe it was 2006 or so.

Anyhow this is a pass it along type of swap with some specific rules.

Here is how it goes. I'll start the swap off with an assortment of flies on a large piece of ripple foam. They will be sent to the first person whom agrees to participate. Upon receiving them this person has the right to keep some of the flies for his/her own box. Lets say no more than 4? In turn he/she must add twice as many as were removed to be kept. Then that person sends them along to the next person in line and so on until the motherload reaches the last participant.

At the end the flies get sent to me for final review at which time Ill send them on to be donated to a worthy cause here on SOL.

There is just a couple of pitfalls to consider. Hanging onto the flies failing to promptly move them along is a huge hassle. Each of you that participate will be required to cover shipping fees to the next in line. Which might even include a box or padded envelope. Please only add flies that are in unused condition.

This typically brings out the best of the best here on SOL.

What say you all? I'm in will be sufficient in this thread. All other communication should be done via pm.

Let the fun begin!

I'm sure nobody wants my flies and I don't tie often enough to take part, but you might want to consider asking for pictures of what is kept and what added to the box at each stop. 

How long do you plan for this to keep going. Id be in but can't usually get much tying in before dec. Any time I do get from now till Halloween I spend fishing. Then its fall season and leaves take up 12-14 hours of the day. Plus seeing customers I'm out of the house no less then 16 hours a day and 2-3 hours of office time and dinner and I barely get time to sleep. But when the fall is over I got all the time in the world