Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Diggin Jiggin

guide spacing for lami GSB108-1M

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, can someone recommend guide spacing for a 9 foot graphite lami set up for a spinning reel?

I will be using 5 guides plus the tip.

I currently have them taped on at 9", 19", 31", 45",and 61" from the tip. I got this spacing from another 9 footer that I have, but that's a heavier rod so I'm not sure if the spacing would work ok for the lami.

I currently have the the bottom guide taped on 27" above the top of the reel seat.

I am not sure what reel I will be using on this. I have an emblem pro 5500 but I think it may be too big. If it's too big I'd probably pick up a penn slammer to put on it, probably a 460...

Thanks,

-Dave

Never built a 9ft M but I can give you the guides and spacing on my 1081L, you could tape it up and test cast it, make some adjustments if necessary. BSVLG40-30-20-16-SIC16 tip. From the tip back: 7in-16in-27in-44in. Reel is 24in from butt-reel face to stripper is 38in. The 1M is a tough blank, you really don't need 5 guides IMO.

Test cast it and see...that emblem pro 5000 is too big to balance on that stick, the 460 you spoke of is a much better fit. Good wraps wink.gif

Tape it up and test it. It all depends on the reel. I like the first guide to be as big as the spool on the reel. Some like it even bigger.