Rod Building Shows

Rate this topic

Billy 40

I'm curious if anyone has plans to attend any of the various shows/classes that are coming up in the next few months. I'm also curious to hear from those who do not go...why not?

From what I know, here is what's coming up :

Guild Conclave in Tennessee

Rodcrafter's in CT

New York Thread Art classes (NERDs)

Massachusettes Thread Art Class (NERDs)

Tri-State (PA-DE-NJ) building classes

Charlotte Rodbuilder's Show

?Fort Washington NJ/PA show will have rod building?

NY Gathering (NERDs)

NJ Gathering (NERDs)

There's really a lot of opportunities for builders at this point & time. Who's taking advanatge?

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow/Forecast will be attending and showing our extensive product line at the following shows in 2005.

National Guild Conclave - Nashville, TN - Jan 20-22.

The Fly Fishing Show - Bellevue, WA - Feb 11-13.

The Rodbuilders Show - Charlotte, NC - Feb 26&27.

I-Cast - Vegas - July

AFFTA - Denver - Sept.

These are exciting times for the Rodbuilding community. If any of you have a chance to come to any one of these shows I would take advantage of it. There are so many new products on the market that the only way to be able to see and feel all of these produts is to come to one of these types of show.

Please feel free to contact us for our product catalogs. ( 80 pg color component catalog and the new 40 pg Blank catalog) IMHO the most comprehensive catalogs in the industry.

If you ever have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Thank you all for your support..

Bill Batson

CEO

Batson Enterprises

Rainshadow/Forecast

wbatson@olypen.com

877-875-2381

I'll definately be there for the Jersey get-togethers. I'd like to get to the Ft Washington show as well.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

I would really like to attend the Charlotte show, but do not have the time to fit it into my schedule. In my opinion, the admission price of the Rodcrafters show, is way to high. You could get into Charlotte show for a much lower admission, and get just as much, if not more, out of it. Needless to say, I will not be attending the Rodcrafters show. I will be attending a NY and MA NERDS gathering. I like the idea of a small group of builders getting together with some top notch builders for some hands on rod building. Probably the best way to learn about rod building.

North East Rod Builders

I hadn't planned on attending the Fort Washington Show, but if it fits into my schedule, I think I will.

How about a bunch of us plan to met up there? Who has more info on this show, please post it. The reason the Charlotte Show is so big is because a lot of people showed up. I'd LOVE to see something like that closer to "home", the only way we'd be able to make that happen is if more guys participated in an event.

I'm sure with minimal effort we could get 25 builders from SOL to show up. It ain't nearly enough, but at least it's a start in the right direction.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

Guild Conclave in Tennessee been there met a lot of interesting and knowledgeable people if I remember right it was there second year conclave.But found way to many people into fresh water and fly rods which is fine but just not where my interest lies.I have been to the last 3 rodcrafters in CT plus one in PA. PA was great I met a lot of top names in the rod building world there from all over the country. I haven't seen the secluded for the CT rodcrafters this year yet but feel for the most part it will the same people giving the same demonstrations as in years past. Al through I always come away with some new knowledge and new friends it's just a most bang for the buck thing this year which brings me to the NERDS. For the price of a coffee cake and a couple gallons of gas I can spend the day with some great builders who will give me many hours of stimulating thought.Now if they could only get rid of that NERDS thing.

I've been to the CT seminar, had a good time, and also learned some stuff...but I can't see paying a bunch of money to get the same demos and have money for "special deals".(Vernon is only 50 min. from me)

I'd love to go to Charlotte, and I'm actually considering it. Seems like the place to be...one time only, just get drunk,get put on a plane, and go!!(I hate planes...thats where the "drunk" comes in)

I like the NERDS idea and its progress in the past year. Already for MA's 2nd gathering, theirs twice as many responses, with folks hoping others will back out. I'm hoping that others will "open the doors" to their shop or home and have gatherings of their own, to help keep things rolling.

The NERDS name? lol. I don't like it either...but it is kind of catchy, and twisted. ALL those that attend the MA first gathering are coming back for more, so they could care less about the name. 10 more are coming this time, they could care less.Those that don't get involved because of a name?........................

North East Rodbuilders